Thank you for wanting to make a difference in the lives of the children in Uptown!
Please follow the steps below so you can get started to serve!
- All volunteers must complete the following item ASAP and provide a copy to the church office (Kim’s mailbox). The clearances will remain on file for five years.
(1) PA State police clearance – Criminal Record History
You can submit and obtain the clearance online.
*Reason for request: VOLUNTEER
Cost: Free ($10.00 Fee waived as of 7/25/15)
(2) PA Child Abuse History Clearance
You can submit and obtain the clearance online. The best internet browsers to use are Google Chrome or Firefox.
You will need to click on “Create a New Account”. *Reason for request: VOLUNTEER
Cost: Free ( $10.00 Fee waived as of 7/25/15)
(3) If you have lived in PA for the past 10 years you can simply sign the attached disclosure statement and return it to Kim’s mailbox. You DO NOT need to complete the FBI Fingerprint Check…so you can just disregard the following information.
FBI Fingerprint Check (Note: Only needed if you haven’t lived in PA for the past 10 years!)
You must register online FIRST for these clearances. After registering, you must go in person to one of the approved Cogent site for fingerprinting. The closest location to the church is: Mailboxes & More,123 Washington Street, Washington, PA 15301 (724) 222-7660. It is recommended to CALL FIRST to be sure the fingerprinting machine is up and running properly. Mailboxes & More is open from 9-4:30 and is Closed from 1-2PM for lunch.
Thank you for responding promptly and your continued willingness to serve in the children’s and/or youth ministry at Washington Alliance Church.
- Once all clearances have been obtained, we will contact you further to discuss where your gifts best fit the ministries in Uptown.
- Please contact Kim Greenleaf, Children’s Ministry Director, with further questions at 724-705-0019 or email@example.com
- Expectations for Children’s Workers: Please read the document and sign the form. Return the signed form to the Children’s Ministry Office.
- Uptown Behavior Policy: Please read and become familiar with the attached Behavior Policy.